Complaints Handling Policy
Our complaints policy:
At SPG Law (a trading name of Excello Law Limited), we are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
Submit your complaint to: email@example.com
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it and provide you with a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care director, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The client care director will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. The client care director will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, the client care director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the client care director will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone else unconnected with the matter at the company to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman Service at PO BOX 15870, Birmingham, B30 9EB about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. (Please note that alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services which can be found at http://www.consumer-ombudsman.org ) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.) If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.